600 East Fourth Street, Charlotte, NC, 28202, US
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector Online Training and Test
Thank you for your interest in the Certified Site Inspector Online Training and Test. This training consists of 7 videos and accompanied tests for each section. It will take an average of 5 hours to complete the training. Please ensure you can complete the training before continuing, you will not be able to resume the test after starting and leaving.
1. What is Mecklenburg County’s two worst Pollutants?
2. Turbidity is defined as…
3. Sewage flowing from a breeched sewer lateral is:
4. What is the estimated tons of loss of sediment annually by erosion?
5. Approximately how much of the land area of Mecklenburg County drains to the Catawba river?
6. Sediment pollutes surface waters by:
1. What process leads to sedimentation?
2. Sedimentation is…
3. Which statement is not correct?
4. The deposition (and subsequent accumulation) of dislodged soil particles in low points where the velocity of water decreases is the definition of _________?
5. Which of the following is not a factor that influences Erosion?
1. How deep should you scarify the soil for seed bed preparation?
2. The best form of erosion control is:
3. Establishing a vegetative cover on your construction site…
4. Prior to seeding a site you should:
5. Which type of slope produces the most runoff and is more susceptible to erosion?
6. What is the recommended application for 10-10-10 fertilizer on 2 acres of land to be stabilized?
7. The correct application per acre of Straw Mulch is….
8. When should you have your site tested for fertilizer and lime needs?
1. Which types of streams are considered jurisdictional, and are subject to the Clean Water Act?
2. Before beginning work on a creek crossing, which of the following items should be completed:
3. When constructing a ‘bottomless culvert’ type creek crossing, disturbances to the creek channel are allowed.
4. What type of stream generally flows throughout the entire year?
5. How much impact to streams require notification to the Army Corp of Engineers?
1. Erosion control matting should be used:
2. Sediment basin efficiency is based on:
3. The most turbid water in a sediment basin is:
4. Sediment control BMPs such as basins and sediment fence need to be maintained when they are:
Identify the following BMPs as either (a) an erosion control method or device or (b) sediment control method or device: Identify the following BMPs as either (a) an erosion control method or device or (b) sediment control method or device:
6. Silt fence
7. Erosion Control Matting
8. Sediment Basin
9. Vegetative Cover
10. Drop Inlet Protection
11. Which of the following has the greatest effect on sediment basin efficiency?
1. Grading permits are required for land disturbing activities…
2. Enhanced erosion control measures are required in the critical area and designated watersheds
3. If something on the approved plans is not working properly in the field, it is “OK” to make any changes you feel are needed to improve performance of measures, if you discuss it with the erosion control inspector first and get their approval.
4. Immediate civil penalties may be assessed for:
5. Select the land disturbance that is regulated by City/County Erosion Control Staff.
6. Violations of the Erosion and Sedimentation Control Ordinance may result in civil penalties of up to ______ per day per violation.
1. Who benefits from receiving the site inspection report?
2. How often must the site be inspected according to NCG01 (Construction Site Storm Water Discharge Permit)?
3. When inspecting the storm water discharge/outfall(s), what must be documented?
4. If a sediment basin requires 2500sqft of surface of area and it was reduced to 1800sqft, would this be documented as a “significant deviation” from the plan?
5. How long is the record retention requirement for the NPDES inspection forms?
1. When is it permitted to remove sediment basins?
2. Who is responsible for repairing and maintaining erosion control measures during construction?
3. If the total acreage of a project has been broken up into separate areas that will be developed at different times, do you need more than one pre-construction meeting?
4. Slopes should not exceed what ratio?
5. If wetlands are suspected on site a professional consultant should be contacted.
Thank you for taking time to complete the CMCSI certification training and testing for your official certification. By clicking submit you certify that you have taken the training and you would like to officially submit your answers.