PROCEDURES FOR SECONDARY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
1. Acknowledge items A through J above and complete application below.
2. Applications can be accepted by fax, mail, or e-mail.
3. Applications must be submitted no less than (5) days prior to the job.
Mail: CMPD / Secondary Employment Unit
601 E Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
4. Please explain the reason why you are requesting to hire an off-duty officer, the requested duties of the officer(s), and any other pertinent information in the narrative.
5. If you are hiring officers for a party or event, please provide a detailed description of the event, including the following information in the narrative:
• Anticipated attendance
• Band/entertainment scheduled
• Will alcohol be served
• If applicable submit a copy of your ABC permit at the time of application.
6. Assistance for applications can be provided by calling the secondary employment office at (704) 336-3229, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted without sufficient detail or the required payroll information will be rejected, and must be resubmitted with the required information.
The employer cannot retain the services of off duty CMPD officers until such time as this agreement is acknowledged by an authorized representative of the employer.